I love how potatoes can be so versatile. They are good a million different way and I love them all. This dish is a great compromise for when your partner wants fries and you want a baked potato. Easy to make and satisfying to munch, you should definately try this recipe.
My husband always wants fries with every meal. EVERY meal. I am not kidding here. So when making dinner the other night, I had some potatoes that really needed to be used before they went bad. I finally caved and decided that a “healthier” bunch of fries couldn’t hurt. He usually likes skinny fries but was pleasantly pleased with these chunky baked potato wedges. I’d have these over fried fries anyday!
A waxy variety potatoes (about one per person)
Course salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F or 200 C.
2. Cut your potatoes into wide finger long wedges or strips. Mine were about 1.5 cm thick. Leave the skins on, that’s the best part.
3. Put your wedges in a pot and cover with water. Par boil the potatoes until they are just a bit soft on the outside but still tough on the inside.
4. Drain your potato wedges and pour them out onto some paper towels and pat dry. Then place wedges on a baking sheet and coat with a bit of vegetable oil (I used sunflower) and sprinking with course salt and pepper. Only use enough oil to coat all the wedges, give them a toss and turn to make sure they are all evenly coated.
5. Bake in the over for about 20 minutes then turn the wedges.
6. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the wedges are golden brown.
7. Serve with your favorite meat, burger or whatever you fancy. Enjoy!