I don’t think I’ve met a potato I didn’t like and potatoes mixed with sour cream, cheese and bacon…AMAZING! I feel terrible that my husband and I have been together for nearly 6 years and I’ve never introduced him to twice baked potatoes. Luckily I just happened to have all the ingredients in the fridge and inspiration hit. Now I have to prevent myself from making these all the time. They were just so good. I hope you enjoy.
- 2 potatoes
- 3-4 strips of bacon
- Cheese – I used a handful of shredded sharp cheddar, a handful of shredded mozzarella and 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp Sour cream
- Large knob of butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Start by baking 2 potatoes inthe oven for 1 hour at 350 F or 175 C. Turn half way through. If you are in a hurry you could microwave the potatoes but there really is no substitute for the roasted flavor you get from the skins of an oven baked potato. Also, the crispy skin helps keep the potatoes intact when you core them of their flesh.
2. While the potatoes are baking you can chop up the bacon and crisp up in a medium heat pan. Put aside.
3. Cut the potatoes in half and using a teaspoon (the tableware kind not the measuring kind) to core the flesh out of the potatoes and into a medium sized bowl. Leave enough around the edge to keep the skin together.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl with the potatoes and mash with a fork or a potato masher.
5. Place the pototato skins on a baking tray, stuff with the mixture and top with more cheese. I topped mine with a bit more cheddar.
6. Place back in the oven until cheese has melted. Top with bacon and serve hot.